Well, I am a few days late posting this, but Cheyenne did have her 2 month check-up after many problems and lots of tears getting to that point.
It all began when I made her 2 month well-check appointment about a month ago. I absolutely love the doctor she has been going to since she was born. She is wonderful with Cheyenne and loves on her every time we have gone in. So I had scheduled her 2 month well-check and the day before her appointment, they call to verify her appointment and when I call back to confirm, they told me that I couldn’t bring her in because they are out of network for the insurance plan she has. I asked why they had been seeing her for the past 2 months and not said anything and their answer was because when babies are born, they are covered under the mother’s insurance for the first 2 months…ok…that’s great…I have the same insurance she does. I don’t get it…so I had to call Medicaid and change her plan, but they can’t change it until she is 90 days old. Mind you, I didn’t choose this plan…when I got the package with all the information in it for the plans to choose from, I was looking over them and 2 days later got the information saying I had been signed up with Unicare. Anyway, she can’t be changed until she is 90 days old…So I called the doctor that was assigned on her insurance card and they couldn’t get her in for 3 weeks. I didn’t want to wait that long..they said it’s okay for her vaccinations to be a little late, and I told them I didn’t want them to be late, because by the time I got in and got her vaccinations, she would have to come back about a month later for more vaccinations. There is a reason vaccinations are scheduled 2 months apart. Anyway, I called the insurance company to find another doctor and they told me no doctors in my area are accepting new patients…I would have to drive a long way to see a doctor. So I started calling doctors in my book and found one close by that is accepting new patients and they could get Cheyenne in the next day. So I called the insurance company back and told them the doctor that I wanted to switch to. They said that doctor is at their limit and couldn’t have any more patients added without authorization. So they called and got authorization.
Anyway, that got cleared up and I took Cheyenne in for her 2 month well-check. She got her vaccinations and a VERY quick well-check…I think the doctor was in the room about a minute and a half. I didn’t feel that I could get questions answered that I had. I had to stop him 3 different times from leaving the room with questions I had. I was very disappointed and upset when I left.
Anyway, I am happy to report that she did get a good report and is doing well. She got 3 shots and 1 oral vaccination. I am glad she got in for an appointment, but I can’t wait to get her switched back to the doctor she has been seeing. Unfortunately, that won’t be effective until October 1st. Just in time for her 4 month well-check and vaccinations.